“Tergar Asia 8-Day Retreat”
“Tergar Asia 8-Day Retreat”: A highlight of Mingyur Rinpoche’s 2017 Teaching Tour
Eight days of Mingyur Rinpoche’s essential mind teachings
During his retreat in the Himalayas, Mingyur Rinpoche focused mainly on one practice – nature of mind.
Day to day, Mingyur Rinpoche still practises meditation as it is taught in the Joy of Living programme, for the essence of meditation is awareness.
Both Joy of Living and the nature of mind practices go to the heart of Mingyur Rinpoche’s teachings. And they will be the two main programmes on offer at the “Tergar Asia 8-Day Retreat”. As Rinpoche often tells his students: these are some of the best ways to practice.
If Mingyur Rinpoche inspires you, come discover for yourself the essence of his teachings. Learn to recognize awareness, unlock your compassion and wisdom, and realize nature of mind – this is a path of practice that will lead you to find the boundless riches of your own nature. During the eight-day retreat, Rinpoche will illuminate the core teachings and methods, guiding us towards progress in our practice.
Forgetting to meditate is the only obstacle to meditation, Mingyur Rinpoche says. If you haven’t forgotten it, perhaps you have the small problem Rinpoche often speaks of: being busy and lazy. If so, this retreat is for you: let Rinpoche guide you through eight days of intensive work to listen, contemplate and practice.
The “Tergar Asia 8-Day Retreat” is the highlight of Mingyur Rinpoche’s 2017 Teaching Tour in Asia. It is open to all who wish to realize their own nature in order to benefit all beings (subject to entry requirements for some of the courses). Places are very limited. Please check Tergar Asia’s and local Tergar communities’ social media platforms regularly for updates on registration and other details.
– Awareness, Compassion, and Wisdom: Essential Teachings on the Joy of Living Teachings (JOL 1-3)
– Exploring the Nature of Mind: Heart Advice on the Path of Awakening (POL 1-3 including Essential guideline of Mahamudra/Mahā Ait Yoga
Eligibility (Can either choose one teaching from two and cannot attend both teaching):
* Awareness, Compassion, and Wisdom: Essential Teachings on the Joy of Living Teachings (JOL 1-3) – welcome everyone can participate.
* Exploring the Nature of Mind: Heart Advice on the Path of Awakening (POL 1-3 including Essential guideline of Mahamudra/ Mahā Ait Yoga – completion of Joy of Living level 1-3 workshops and completion all the homework for 50 hours each level on JOL1 & 2 and another 75 hours on JOL 3 or, attendee of Path of Liberation level workshop from Mingyur Rinpoche (including Mahamudra or 10 Day Retreat Advanced Track)
How Much: (including teachings, 3 vegetarian meals per day and accommodation):
– Superior： USD850 / RMB6000 / NTS26500 per person (Rooms are based on 2 persons per room and stay in superior room type with garden view – 32 sq.m) (limited 185 rooms)
– Deluxe： USD900 / RMB6200 / NTS28000 per person (Rooms are based on 2 persons per room and stay in deluxe room type with pool view – 32 sq m) (limited 85 rooms)
– Regency : USD950 / RMB6700 / NTS29500 per person (Rooms are based on 2 persons per room and stay in deluxe room type with sea view – 32 sq m) (limited 135 rooms)
– Single Deluxe : USD1600 / RMB11800 / NTS49600 per person (Rooms are based on 1 person per room and stay in deluxe room type with sea/pool view) (limited 15 rooms)
– Ordained： USD680 / RMB4750 / NTS21500 per person (Rooms are based on two persons per room and stay in superior room type with garden view) (limited 15 rooms)
• Organizer will have final decision on the adjustment of room allotment and the room type of registration is subject to first come first served basis.
How to apply:
– Local Tergar will provide the suitable method for students’s registration, please note the updated information from the social media platform of local Tergar communities and contact them.
– Local Tergar will arrange the tour to go as per the needs of local student. Please note that the above fees do not include airfare and other related expenses of tour.
Registration will begin on June 25, 2017 at 12 noon, Beijing、 Hong Kong、Taiwan time, through Tergar Asia’s and Local Tergar Communities’ various social media platforms (please look out for updates)
Address of retreat：
The Regent Cha Am Beach Resort, Cha Am, Thailand
849/21 Petchkasem Road, Cha Am, Thailand
Tel: +66 (0) 3245 1240
Tergar Asia Foundation –
Add : Unit 101 – 106, 1/F Wellborne Commercial Centre, 8 Java Road, North Point, Hong Kong
TEL： 852 2566 1699
FAX： 852 2566 2900